Applications for Planning Permission to carry out development of any kind which may affect the character or appearance of a Conservation Area must also be advertised by the Council.

With certain minor exceptions any proposal to demolish a building in a Conservation Area requires Conservation Area Consent. Normally, the Council will not grant consent unless there are already approved plans for redevelopment, especially in town centres.

Making an Application
Application forms and information in respect of fees can be obtained from our ‘Forms & Fees’ section.

Further Information
Further guidance may be obtained by contacting the ‘Conservation & Design’ section.

Page last updated on: 23/05/2005