A-Z Council Services

FInd us on Facebook

FInd us on Twitter

Click here to read the One Island Magazine

Children and Young Peoples Services

Services for Adults on the Isle of Wight

Child Employment

Service Description: Some students will take the opportunity of some part time working and it is important that parents understand the legal position with regard to this. Parents / Carers should be aware that the law regulating the employment / working of young people is quite specific. Employers MUST complete and submit an Application for Child Employment (Form WM8) to the Local Authority for approval before employment can begin. This form can be found on the Council's website to complete and submit on-line or it can be printed and posted. A copy of the employer's risk assessment must also accompany the application. Click on the 'Forms' tab above to complete an application.

Also known as:- Employment Licence, Employment under the age of 16, Paid Work or Work Experience and school Aged Pupils, Work Permits