A-Z Council Services

FInd us on Facebook

FInd us on Twitter

Click here to read the One Island Magazine

Children and Young Peoples Services

Services for Adults on the Isle of Wight

Drainage Problems

Service Description: Drainage incidents include blocked or overflowing drains within a single property boundary, or a pumping station, or septic tanks / private treatment works that do not connect to a Southern Water sewer- ALL other situations should be referred to Southern Water due to a transfer of drainage pipes on 1st October 2011
Please note: The Housing Officers have powers relating to private drains/sewers – public sewers are the responsibility of Southern Water Services Ltd and most enquiries will be passed to them from 1st Oct 2011.
If reporting rats only please inform the Environmental Health section of the council.
If reporting a highway drainage problem please inform the Highways section of the council.

Contact Information
Department Community Well-being
Address Housing Services
7 High Street
Isle of Wight
PO30 1SS
External Phone 01983 823040
Opening Times Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5pm
Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
Out of Hours telephone Wightcare on 821105