A-Z Council Services

FInd us on Facebook

FInd us on Twitter

Click here to read the One Island Magazine

Children and Young Peoples Services

Services for Adults on the Isle of Wight

Benefits General Enquiries

Service Description: Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit are benefits paid by Local Authorities to help towards the cost or Rent and Council Tax. Council Tax Benefit will be replaced on 1 April 2013 by the new Council Tax Support Scheme.

Also known as:- Council Tax Benefit, Housing Benefit

Your FAQ

Question: I am moving address soon, what do I do?

Answer: You need to write to the Revenues and Benefits Service, Civic Centre, Sandown, PO36 9EA advising them of the date you are moving and the address you are moving to. You will need to complete a new claim form if you are in rented accomodation.
You can also report your change of address by downloading the leaflet entitled 'Important Information about you Housing and Council Tax Benefit' from our website.

- Related Link

Has this FAQ answered your query?
 - If you still have a query please use the "Send a Message" button above.

Frequently Asked Questions for this Service