A-Z Council Services

FInd us on Facebook

FInd us on Twitter

Click here to read the One Island Magazine

Children and Young Peoples Services

Services for Adults on the Isle of Wight

Benefits General Enquiries

Service Description: Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit are benefits paid by Local Authorities to help towards the cost or Rent and Council Tax. Council Tax Benefit will be replaced on 1 April 2013 by the new Council Tax Support Scheme.

Also known as:- Council Tax Benefit, Housing Benefit

Your FAQ

Question: If someone moves in with me and are over 18 years of age will this affect my claim?

Answer: In most cases yes this will have an affect on your claim. The Benefits office will require the full name of the person moving in, their date of birth, income, and their relationship to you. These details will need to be advised in writing to Revenues and Benefits Service, Council Offices, Broadway, Sandown, Isle of Wight, PO36 9EA

Has this FAQ answered your query?
 - If you still have a query please use the "Send a Message" button above.

Frequently Asked Questions for this Service