A-Z Council Services

FInd us on Facebook

FInd us on Twitter

Click here to read the One Island Magazine

Children and Young Peoples Services

Services for Adults on the Isle of Wight

Housing Enforcement

Service Description: Housing Enforcement: To investigate and act on requests in relation to housing conditions mainly in rented accommodation including Houses in Multiple Occupation. This may involve informal and formal action. Drainage Enforcement: To investigate and act on reports of drainage nuisances. This may involve informal and formal action. Knowing about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning is vital for us all. You can't see, taste or smell the gas, but it is lethal. Accommodation Certificates- The aim of this service is to identify properties which fail to meet the fitness for habitation requirement and determine the most satisfactory course of action to be taken with that property. NOTE fitness has been replaced by the Housing Health and Safety Rating System. House inspections for immigration visas are often undertaken under this service.

Also known as:- Drainage nuisance, Housing Enforcement, Housing Renewal, Immigration house inspection, Landlord and Tenant, Overcrowding

Your FAQ

Question: Who is at risk from Carbon Monoxide poisoning?

Answer: Carbon monoxide is the number one cause of accidental poisoning in the home across most of the western world including, the UK, USA, France etc. RoSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents) reports more than 20 deaths a year from this silent killer, plus around 200 serious incidents each year where people only narrowly survive carbon monoxide poisoning.
Experts believe that every year in the UK, many thousands of people suffer non-fatal carbon monoxide poisoning and the majority of these cases go undiagnosed.
All humans and animals are at risk from carbon monoxide poisoning and those most at risk are young children, the elderly, pregnant women and those with respiratory problems.
- Related Link

Has this FAQ answered your query?
 - If you still have a query please use the "Send a Message" button above.

Frequently Asked Questions for this Service